This all-time chicken classic is cooked in a multi-function cooker for speedy preparation.
- 1 lb (500 g) Zabiha Halal Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) chunks
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups (500 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb (500 g) potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pkg (400 g) frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (225˚C). Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set multi-function cooker to Sauté setting over Medium heat; melt butter. Add chicken; cook for about 5 minutes or until browned all over. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic and thyme. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in broth and potatoes.
Cover with lid; lock and seal in position. Pressure-cook on High setting for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and manually release pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Carefully remove lid.
Set multi-function cooker to Sauté setting over Medium heat. Whisk together cream and flour until smooth; stir slowly into chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, until simmering. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in frozen peas. Stir in parsley.
Divide among four (2-cup/500 mL) ramekins or ovenproof crocks. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
Meanwhile, on lightly floured work surface, cut pastry into 4 portions to fit on top of ramekins with 1-inch (2.5 cm) overhang. Cut steam vent in centre of each pastry; brush with egg wash.
Working quickly, to avoid pastry from getting hot, place one portion on top of each ramekin. Immediately transfer to oven; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbling.