NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. CONTEST TIMING: The Sharing Halal Contest (the “Contest”) will consist of three (3) entry Periods and three judging periods to select one winner in each judging period. Each entry will be judged based on predefined criteria as later described in these Official Rules. Entry period begins on Monday, April 20, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET“) and ends Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). All Eligible Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and, if compliant, will be entered into the Contest judging. The Administrator’s database clock will be the timekeeper for the Contest.
|Judging Period Number:||Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET:||Entry Period ends at 11:59:59 a.m. ET:||Winner Announced on or about:||Number of available prizes:|
|Judging Period #1||4/20/20||5/8/20||5/12/20||(1) Winner plus his/her nominee prize|
|Judging Period #2||4/20/20||5/20/20||5/22/20||(1) Winner plus his/her nominee prize|
|Judging Period #3||4/20/20||5/31/20||6/2/20||(1) Winner plus his/her nominee prize|
ONCE AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY IS SUBMITTED, IT WILL BE CARRIED FORWARD TO ALL REMAINING JUDGING PERIODS (if any remain).
Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion or contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zabiha Halal Maple Lodge Farms, Ltd., 8301 Winston Churchill Blvd., Brampton Ontario, Canada L6Y 0A2 (the “Sponsor”), and/or King URSA, 468 Queen Street, Suite 303, Toronto, Ontario M5A 1TZ (the “Administrator”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), eighteen (18) years of age or older or at least the age of majority in the province you reside to enter the Contest (“Entrant”). Sponsor, Administrator and each of its companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
1. You must submit a photo or video sharing (on Instagram or on Sponsor’s Contest page), along with the hashtags #SharingHalal plus tagging @livinghalalzh, or on Facebook thru a comment on one of the brands #SharingHalal posts, “thanking someone you are grateful for” Eligible Entry”).
2. Your Eligible Entry must comply with these Official Rules and may not contain any of the Prohibited Content set forth below.
3. Once an Eligible entry is made it will be carried forward to any remaining Judging Periods (if any remain).
4. Limit: One (1) unique Eligible Entry per person per Judging Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person or household.
Instagram and Facebook terms and conditions apply. Your entry will be reviewed for compliance and if approved it will be entered into the Contest process. Entries that do not include the required hashtags and tagging @livinghalalzh will not be recognized as an entry. Each Instagram and Facebook Entrant must be an active holder of a non-private account to be eligible to enter the Contest via social media (i.e., Entrant must make sure his or her posts/tweets are set to “public” and not “private”). This Contest is not endorsed or sponsored by Instagram or Facebook.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on Eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation.
If you opt to access the Contest via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S AND OTHER RELEASED PARTIES’ DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to Entrant.
Entries must not violate the rights of any other party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights or rights of privacy/publicity.
Entry submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any material or content that:
a) is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c) includes obscene or offensive messages; endorsement of any form of hate or hate group; duplication of any other photo/video submission;
d) promotes terrorist acts, such as providing instructions on how assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or providing instructional information about illegal activities;
e) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its customers or products or other people or companies;
f) includes personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
g) includes messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
h) infringes the rights of any third party; and/or
i) violates any law;
Entrant’s Representations: By entering the Contest you represent and warrant that (a) the submission is Entrant’s original work product and does not infringe the rights of any third party, (b) publication of the submission via various media will not infringe the rights of any third party and (c) the submission has not been previously published in any medium. Each Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and other Released Parties (defined below) from any claims to the contrary. Any Entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by Entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including the Sponsor’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to Administrator, upon request, prior to awarding of prize.
Entry Notes: Entrant will be able to review his or her entry prior to submission, but once any entry is submitted, Entrant cannot access/revise such entry in any way. Entries made on another’s behalf by any individuals or other entities, including but not limited to, commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for the Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in his sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all Entrants release the Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook and Instagram, and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities including, all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, attorneys, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with each Entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in the Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading any Contest-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
4. JUDGING: All Eligible entries will be judged by the Sponsor based on the following equally weighted criteria:
- Adherence to theme
- Quality of the Eligible Entry
The decisions of the Sponsor are final and legally binding and not subject to further review.
5. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Each Judging Period will award the following prize:
Winner and his/her nominated person will each receive one (1) year of Zabiha Halal Maple Lodge Farms product. Prize to be awarded in the form of fifty two (52) product vouchers valued a $17 CAD per voucher or a total of $884 CAD each winner. Terms and conditions of the voucher apply. All vouchers will expire June 1, 2021. Vouchers may be redeemed anywhere Zabiha Halal products are sold.
No substitution, assignment or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
6. WINNER SELECTION:
Winners will be announced on May 12, May 22, and June 2, 2020. Conduct of the Contest is under the supervision of the Administrator.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Contest winner will be notified via email, direct message or by phone requesting confirmation of the winner’s name, hi/her nominee’s name, and mailing address. The winner is subject to verification. Each winner will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration of Compliance and Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within (7) calendar days of attempted notification. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within 72 hours, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required Declaration or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries received in the relevant Judging Period.
Once eligibility has been verified and the Sponsor receives the prize winner’s requested information, the Sponsor will arrange to award the prize. Prize winner must reply with all required information in order to receive their prize.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: Entry constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use Entrant’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes“), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
Submission of an entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, adapt and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation to the entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: None of the Released Parties shall be held responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from or in any way relating to: (i) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest (vi) use of any prize and (vii) the voting process including the outcome of the Contest or any Contest drawing.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You are submitting your information to the Sponsor.
By entering, each Entrant fully releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, damages, and demands arising out of or relating to participation in the Contest, the Contest and Contest process and/or any use of the winner’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims, liabilities, damages, and demands based on any personal injury, property damages or loss or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or the use of the microsite.
13. DISPUTES: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws of Canada. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts located in Canada, (and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of any kind arising under or relating to these Official Rules), (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Canada.
14. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sharing Halal Contest Winners, C/O King Ursa 468 Queen Street, Suite 303, Toronto, Ontario M5A 1TZ. All such requests must be received by June 9, 2020.