Give the kids something they’ll love to eat AND make. Turn cooking into family time!
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE:
1. Place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap or in a large plastic bag. With a mallet, pound the chicken breast flat to a thickness of approximately 1/2 inch. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
2. Slice each chicken breast into 4 pieces of similar size. Set aside.
3. In a plastic resealable bag, pour crackers and close bag. Using a mallet, crush crackers into coarse bread crumbs. Add oregano, salt and pepper to bag.
4. Dip chicken strips into egg to fully coat, then place in bag with crushed crackers and toss until evenly coated.
5. Stovetop: In a frying pan over high heat, add enough vegetable oil to cover bottom. When oil is hot, add chicken strips (in batches if necessary) and fry 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. 6. Serve with Quick Tomato Sauce.
7. Oven: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly spray with vegetable oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning halfway.
8. Make Quick Tomato Sauce: While chicken tenders are cooking, heat olive oil in a medium pot. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Pour in tomato sauce, add basil and season to taste. Simmer 5 minutes.