Light flaky crust, and a rich, meaty filling, Chicken Pot PIe is an iconic chicken dish. Our version is cooked in a multi-function cooker for speedy preparation.
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F (225˚C). Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set multi-function cooker to Sauté setting over Medium heat; melt butter. Add chicken; cook for about 5 minutes or until browned all over. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic and thyme. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in broth and potatoes.
2. Cover with lid; lock and seal in position. Pressure-cook on High setting for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and manually release pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Carefully remove lid.
3. Set multi-function cooker to Sauté setting over Medium heat. Whisk together cream and flour until smooth; stir slowly into chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, until simmering. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in frozen peas. Stir in parsley.
4. Divide among four (2-cup/500 mL) ramekins or oven proof crocks. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
5. Meanwhile, on lightly floured work surface, cut pastry into 4 portions to fit on top of ramekins with 1-inch (2.5 cm) overhang. Cut steam vent in centre of each pastry; brush with egg wash.
6. Working quickly, to avoid pastry from getting hot, place one portion on top of each ramekin. Immediately transfer to oven; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbling.