Try this easy muffin cup quiche recipe for your next brunch, party, or lazy Sunday.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 12-cup muffin pans; set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper; mix in shortening with fingers until mixture resembles breadcrumbs with a few pea-size pieces. Add 1 cup of water, a few tablespoons at a time, mixing until dough comes together and is no longer dry, adding more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough is too dry.
3. Form dough into a ball; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Roll into 24 small balls; place one in each muffin cup, pressing down and spreading dough to line muffin cups to top.
4. Filling: In skillet, heat butter over medium heat; sauté wieners for about 2 minutes or until cooked through, being careful not to brown them. Set aside. In blender, combine eggs, cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; set aside.
5. Divide wieners among 24 muffin cups. Add about 1 tablespoon cheese to each muffin cup; divide egg mixture among muffin cups. Top each quiche with a drop of ketchup.
6. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until set in centre and golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to plate and serve warm.