This recipe combines the classic flavours of New England chowder with our delicious Breakfast Chicken Strips. Together, they create the perfect meal for a chilly day!
Breakfast Chicken Strips - Original Flavour
- 4 slices Zabiha Halal Breakfast Chicken Strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 14 ounce cans of cream style corn
- 1 package of Zabiha Halal Cooked Chicken Breast Roast
- Tabasco to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the Zabiha Halal Breakfast Chicken Strips in butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove Breakfast Chicken Strips with a slotted spoon, set aside. In the same saucepan, cook the onion and celery in drippings until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water, the potatoes and seasonings and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk, corn, Zabiha Halal Cooked Chicken Breast cubes, Breakfast Chicken Strips and Tabasco, simmer gently uncovered for 5 – 10 minutes or until heated through.