Roasting a whole chicken in the crockpot infuses the meat with the taste of harvest vegetables, creating succulent flavours and moist texture. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner!
1. Place all vegetables and garlic bulb at the bottom of the crockpot. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl, mix all spices and herbs. Rub chicken inside and outside.
3. Cut lemon in half and slide the two pieces into the chicken cavity.
4. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours. Avoid lifting cover before 3 hours have passed, then prick chicken thighs to see if juices run clear to ensure it’s cooked. If juices don’t run clear, continue to cook for another hour.
5. Using two large spoons, carefully transfer chicken to an ovenproof dish and broil in the oven on low for 5 minutes. Serve with cooked vegetables from the slow cooker and mashed potatoes.