These irresistible bite-sized tacos are a must have for any party!
Fresh Ground Chicken
- 1 pound Zabiha Halal Fresh Ground Chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup mild or medium taco sauce
- 24 large blue or yellow tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup shredded Tex-Mex cheese
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, onion, red pepper, jalapeño pepper (if using) and taco seasoning.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in taco sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange chips evenly in single layer on baking sheet. Spoon chicken mixture over each chip and top with cheese. Broil for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Stir together avocado, sour cream, lime juice and salt. Transfer to plastic resealable bag; snip off corner. Drizzle over chips and sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
Tip: If you like, garnish with pickled jalapeño slices.