Perfect for a quick snack, these satisfying skewers are served with a fresh yogurt-herb dipping sauce. They also make an easy meal for lunch.
15 minutes minutes
- 12 strips Maple Lodge Farms Zabiha Halal Raw Chicken Strips, thawed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) prepared tandoori sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) honey
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each finely chopped fresh mint and cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Thread each chicken strip onto water-soaked bamboo skewer. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Stir together tandoori sauce and honey; brush evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and glaze is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, green onions, lime juice, mint, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Serve with chicken skewers for dipping.
- Serve with fresh veggie sticks, such as cucumber, carrot, celery and red pepper.
- Alternatively, serve satays as wraps. Remove skewers and sandwich chicken strips with yogurt herb sauce in pitas or tortillas.