These kid-friendly drumsticks are best served as a main dish with a baked potato and a side of steamed broccoli. Great even for the pickiest eaters!
- 12 Zabiha Halal Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/3 cup medium maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl or freezer bag, combine maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and mustard powder.
- On a cutting board, combine chopped garlic and salt. Using the flat side of a large kitchen knife, crush garlic and salt together to make a paste. Add to maple mixture, along with black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add drumsticks to mixture and toss until evenly coated. If possible, let stand in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes and up to 2 hours for maximum flavour.
- Place drumsticks on a large parchment lined baking sheet. Reserve mixture for basting.
- Place in oven for 35 minutes. After 15 minutes, baste the drumsticks.