Chicken and waffles are good. Spicy chicken and waffles are great. Handheld spicy chicken and waffles? That’s perfection.
- 8 slices Zabiha Halal Cajun Deli
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 8 prepared frozen waffles, toasted
- 4 slices halal bacon, cooked
- Whisk together eggs, 1 tbsp (15 mL) water, salt and pepper. Melt butter in skillet set over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed.
- Stir together mayonnaise, maple syrup and hot sauce. Spread over 4 waffles; top with chicken slices, bacon and scrambled eggs. Cap with remaining waffles.