Spicy Supreme Chicken Frankfurters
- 5 Zabiha Halal Spicy Supreme Chicken Frankfurters, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2-3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 bags tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add in onions and green peppers. Saute, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and Maple Lodge Farms Spicy Ultimate Chicken Frankfurters and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, hot sauce, kidney beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips on a large baking sheet or in an ovenproof skillet. Top with chili and cheese. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.