- 4 Zabiha Halal Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger and dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 carrots, cut into 3 x 1/4 inch sticks
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/3 cups shredded kale
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each Dijon and honey mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Stir together chili powder, half the salt, ginger, thyme, brown sugar, pepper and cinnamon. Rub chicken with half of the oil and season with spice mixture. Place on large parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Toss carrots with remaining salt and oil. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet with chicken.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). Transfer to plate; let cool before slicing. Meanwhile, return carrots to oven; bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Slice chicken and arrange evenly along centre of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border at ends. Top with kale, apple, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly. Slice wraps in half.
- Sweet Smoked Paprika Mayo: Whisk together mayonnaise, paprika, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Serve with wraps and carrots for dipping.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries or raisins to the wrap for added texture and sweetness.
- Use low-fat mayonnaise if desired.
- For a spicier mayonnaise dip, add hot smoked paprika and for a milder mayonnaise, add regular paprika.
- Add a drizzle of Sweet Smoked Paprika Mayo to the sandwich instead of dipping if desired.