Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 12 Zabiha Halal Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In slow cooker, combine tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, maple syrup, vinegar, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir in sweet potatoes, onion, celery, jalapeño and garlic. Arrange chicken over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is very tender. Shred chicken with 2 forks and return to slow cooker. Add corn; cook for about 5 minutes or until corn is heated through.
- Spoon into bowls and top with cheese and green onions.
- For a spicier chili, serve with your favourite hot sauce or add cayenne pepper to taste. For a milder chili, substitute a bell pepper or poblano pepper for jalapeño pepper.
- Use cannellini, great northern or navy beans in the chili.