Serve these French-inspired savoury crêpes for an impressive brunch dish.
Smokies Fully Cooked Smoked Chicken Sausages
- 4 Zabiha Halal Smokies Chicken Sausages
- 1 round Brie cheese (5 ounces), sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Pinch each salt and granulated sugar
- Crêpes: In blender, mix together milk, flour, eggs, 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter and salt until smooth; strain. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Heat 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick skillet set over medium heat; brush with some of the remaining butter. Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter into pan, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Cook for about 1 minute or until crêpe begins to curl around edges. Flip over and cook for about 30 seconds or until set. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 crêpes, brushing pan with remaining butter as needed.
- Caramelized Onions: Melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; cook onions, salt and sugar, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat sausages according to package directions; slice sausages. Fill each crêpe with onions, sausages and cheese. Fold crêpes into quarters or roll up burrito-style. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Crêpes can be made ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
- Substitute goat cheese for Brie cheese if desired.
- Add spinach or arugula to filling if desired.