Leprechaun gold not your thing? Great! Follow the deli rainbow right to your kid’s new favourite healthy lunch recipe.
Smoked Chicken Breast Shingle
- 8 slices Smoked Chicken Breast Shingle
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) herbed cream cheese
- 2 large spinach tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced yellow pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red cabbage
- Spread cream cheese evenly over each tortilla, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. Layer turkey, carrot, yellow pepper, spinach and red cabbage over top.
- Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices to create pinwheels.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
- These pinwheels also make lovely appetizers.