- 4 Zabiha Halal Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Prepare the chicken first by placing each piece in a separate plastic bag or between two sheets of clear plastic wrap or wax paper. Pound each one down with a meat tenderizer or mallet to thin out the pieces.
2. Season each piece of chicken by generously adding the ⅛ teaspoon salt, the pepper and the parsley. Set aside.
3. To the bottom of a saute pan, add salt. This helps to prevent the chicken from sticking. Add the olive oil, and heat it gently, then add the chicken.
4. Cook for 3-5 minutes on one side, then flip. Add the fresh oregano and thyme and the lemon slices. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for a few minutes before serving. Serve with rice, couscous or pasta.