Ideal for sharing, this tasty and fun appetizer is a great way to please a hungry crowd.
- 1 package Zabiha Halal Juicy Supreme Chicken Frankfurters, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 cups Canola oil
- 1 cup prepared sweet and sour sauce
- Stir together chickpea flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cumin and coriander until combined; stir in 3/4 cup water just until blended.
- Pour oil into deep fryer, wok or deep saucepan until 2 inches deep; heat until deep-fryer thermometer reads 350°F. Dip pieces of frankfurters into batter; deep-fry, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and brown. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Tip: Add chili powder to pakora batter for an added kick.
Tip: Chickpea flour can be found in most health food aisles of supermarkets and may go by the name of garbanzo bean flour. It can be found in ethnic food stores, as well.