Honey and Sriracha is the perfect sweet and savoury combination. These drumsticks are easy to prepare and packed full of flavour!
- 8 Zabiha Halal Fresh Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- GREEN ONION & LIME BASMATI RICE:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Place drumsticks in plastic resealable bag or shallow baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together honey, lime juice, Sriracha, garlic and salt. Add half the mixture to drumsticks, turning to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Set aside remaining honey mixture to baste drumsticks while baking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking pan with foil and grease lightly; set aside.
- Place drumsticks on prepared pan, discarding marinade. Bake drumsticks for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is glossy. Baste often with remaining honey mixture.
- Preheat broiler; broil drumsticks, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until deep golden brown, juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Green Onion & Lime Basmati Rice: cook basmati rice according to package directions. Stir in peas. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Toss with green onions, cilantro (if using) and lime zest. Serve warm with drumsticks.