Give the kids something they’ll love to eat AND make. Turn cooking into family time!
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Zabiha Halal Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 cups cheesy fish crackers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- QUICK TOMATO SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap or in a large plastic bag. With a mallet, pound the chicken breast flat to a thickness of approximately 1/2 inch. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Slice each chicken breast into 4 pieces of similar size. Set aside.
- In a plastic resealable bag, pour crackers and close bag. Using a mallet, crush crackers into coarse bread crumbs. Add oregano, salt and pepper to bag.
- Dip chicken strips into egg to fully coat, then place in bag with crushed crackers and toss until evenly coated.
- Stovetop: In a frying pan over high heat, add enough vegetable oil to cover bottom. When oil is hot, add chicken strips (in batches if necessary) and fry 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Serve with Quick Tomato Sauce.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly spray with vegetable oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Make Quick Tomato Sauce: While chicken tenders are cooking, heat olive oil in a medium pot. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Pour in tomato sauce, add basil and season to taste. Simmer 5 minutes.