This classic family breakfast will result in smiles all around the table. Our irresistible Breakfast Chicken Strips combined with universally loved French Toast is the perfect start to the day!
Breakfast Chicken Strips - Original Flavour
- BREAKFAST CHICKEN STRIPS TWIST:
- 12 strips Zabiha Halal Breakfast Strips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 toothpicks
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 4 slices of 2 day old French bread (fresh bread will absorb too much liquid)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Breakfast Chicken Strips Twists:
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove Breakfast Chicken Strips from package and twist both ends, secure with toothpick, lay on baking sheet. Repeat with rest of Breakfast Chicken Strips.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the Breakfast Chicken Strips and sprinkle with a tiny bit of cayenne pepper.
- Put in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly crispy, turning once during the process.
- Remove from oven, take out the toothpicks. Serve it warm with French toast.
- Whisk all above ingredients in shallow baking dish, except for the butter. Add slices of French bread.
- Let sit 1 minute and turn over in dish. Heat large frying pan, add butter and wait until butter bubbles slightly. Fry the bread until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and dust with icing sugar. Serve with Breakfast Chicken Strips Twists. Top with warm maple syrup.