Every bite of this Tex Mex grilled cheese with smoked chicken deli, ooey-gooey jalapeño cheese, and tangy apple flavour will have your taste buds jumping for joy.
- 4 slices Zabiha Halal Smoked Chicken Deli
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices jalapeño cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter, at room temperature
Spread apple butter over 2 slices of bread; top each with apple slices, cheese slice, chicken, another cheese slice and green onions. Cap with remaining bread. Lightly spread outer bread slices with butter.
Heat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches, pressing lightly, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.