By Anam Lone @theinspiredaccountant
Hello, lovely people!
Today I’m sharing with you three super quick and easy desserts that I absolutely love. I make them often for tea parties or little family get-togethers and they really impress the guests 😉
These will make for cute little snacks for your upcoming Ramadan celebrations as well. I actually believe that once you have all the ingredients laid out in front of you, you can make all three of them within an hour, because that’s how easy they are. Let’s get into the recipes and see what they’re all about!
Coconut Macaroons – Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
Image Source: Food.com
This has to be my favorite of the three. My mom taught me this recipe about two years ago and I have made it countless time since then.
14 ounces, Sweetened Shredded Coconut
14 ounces of Sweetened, Condensed Milk
2 Egg Whites
Chocolate Chips (optional)
200g of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
100mL of Sweetened, Condensed Milk
1 Egg White
Chocolate Chips (optional)
*this will make at least 20
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees C and set aside a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Mix sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips (optional), and shredded coconut in one bowl to make a sticky mixture. 3. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until you get a good amount of foam. Gently fold the egg white foam into the coconut mixture. Folding helps maintain air bubbles to some extent which then makes the macaroons fluffy.
4. Now take a tablespoon or a small scoop and drop equal-sized portions of the mixture onto the baking tray.
5. Pop it in the oven and let the macaroons bake for about 20 minutes. I also like to turn on the broiler towards the end just to make the macaroons look golden brown and become somewhat crispy. And that’s it! Your delicious macaroons are done!
*If you are vegan, you can skip the eggs and add flour to the mixture instead. I have done this for my vegan co-workers and it turned out just as great. They’re just a tad bit drier and heavier than when you make them with egg whites, which isn’t bad at all. Also, if you have these with a drink like tea or coffee, it shall be perfection 🙂
Reese Cookie Cups – Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
Image Source: The Inspired Accountant
1 packet of Mini Reese Cups, about 24 pieces
1 Roll of store-bought Regular Cookie Dough OR Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (about 14 oz)
1.Preheat oven to 350 F and grease mini muffin trays (available at the dollar store).
2. Slice the roll of cookie dough into 2 inch slices – this should give you about 6 disks. Lay the disks on their side and cut them into quarters. This will give you 6 x 4 = 24 little equal pieces of cookie dough.
3. Place each quarter-piece into greased mini muffin trays. These trays normally have 12 muffins tins, so you can do this using two trays or in two shifts using just one tray.
4. Next, bake the cookie dough in the oven for about 10 mins (see instructions on your cookie dough packaging for exact timing).
5. After 10 minutes, remove the trays. The quarter-pieces will have take a cookie shape and be very soft at this point. You want to take this opportunity to grab your mini Reese chocolate cups and press them into the middle of each cookie. Doing this will form sort of a groove in the middle and will turn the cookies into little cups. The heat from the warm cookies should start to melt the Reese and turn it into nice & soft chocolate in the middle. Let the cookies cool down and then remove them from the muffin tray.
I like to place these in little paper muffin cups (as shown in my picture above) to dress them up a little bit. Voila! Delicious chocolatey, peanut-buttery cookies are done!
Chocolate Covered Ruffle Chips – Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Image Source: The Pioneer Woman
1 packet of Ruffle Chips or any other potato chips of your choice
One bar of Milk/Dark Chocolate, or any other Chocolate of your choice
Not much instruction needed here but I’ll tell you anyway. Bring some water to simmer in a saucepan. Set a bowl on top of the saucepan with the chocolate bar inside, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. The chocolate will start to melt, so keep stirring it slowly. Once the chocolate has melted, dip your chips into them and set aside on a plate to dry. Time to enjoy this crispy sweet & salty goodness!
Okay I feel super hungry having put this post together. Hope you liked these picks for easy desserts. Do let me know if you try them. I’ll be working with Zabiha Halal this Ramadan and Eid and would love to see your creations! Share a picture on your Instagram and tag me @theinspiredaccountant and @livinghalalzh. Until next time, ciao ciao! 🙂