This rich and creamy restaurant favourite, made with smoked chicken sausages, makes for a quick and tasty meal any night of the week.
- 4 Zabiha Halal Smokies Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli florets in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup (150 mL) pasta water.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, pepper, salt and 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook Smokies™ Chicken Sausages for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add spaghetti, broccoli and pasta water to skillet. Remove from heat.
- Immediately stir egg mixture into pasta, stirring constantly, for 30 to 60 seconds or until pasta is coated and sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Tip: Substitute asparagus, green beans or beans for broccoli if desired.