Creamy ricotta adds a luxurious touch to this easy chicken dinner. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekend get-togethers with friends!
- 6 Zabiha Halal Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Gently lift skin of chicken thigh to create a pocket. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, make stuffing with both cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, garlic, zest, basil & egg yolk. Season, mix well to combine and set aside.
- With a spoon, gently and generously place cheese mixture under the chicken skin by pushing stuffing as far inside as possible, making sure not to break the skin. Using your fingers, rub stuffing under the skin to spread it evenly. Brush chicken skin with olive oil, then season with salt & pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until skin is golden brown and juices run clear.