Escape to the East with a delicious combination of Indian spices. Full of flavour with just the right amount of kick, your family will love this sandwich!
- 4 Zabiha Halal Fresh Air Chilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 tablespoons tandoori spice paste
- 2 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 4 Kaiser buns
- 8 slices tomato, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- QUICK RAITA:
- 2/3 cup cucumber, grated
- 1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, grease grate well. Stir together tandoori paste, Greek yogurt, garlic and ginger; marinate chicken in spice mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until cooked through and juices run clear; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Make Quick Raita: Place grated cucumber in clean kitchen cloth and squeeze out excess moisture. Stir together Greek yogurt, cucumber and mint until blended.
- Assemble a grilled chicken thigh in a Kaiser bun with tomato, onion and dollop of Quick Raita.
Tip: Substitute mint with cilantro or parsley if desired.