This quick and easy creamy pasta is perfect for busy weeknight dinners – and for last-minute entertaining.
Chicken Breast Strips
- 8 ounces (250 grams) Zabiha Halal Chicken Breast Strips, cooked and sliced
- 12 ounces (340 grams) cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 30% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil, divided
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, oregano, and half of the salt and pepper for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add sun-dried tomatoes and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth and cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in chicken, peas and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until heated through; toss with tortellini, 1/3 cup (75 mL) Parmesan cheese and half of the basil until well coated. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan and basil over top.
Tip: Substitute penne or farfalle for the tortellini if desired.