This classic family breakfast will result in smiles all around the table. Our irresistible Breakfast Chicken Strips combined with universally loved French Toast is the perfect start to the day!
- BREAKFAST CHICKEN STRIPS TWIST:
- 12 strips Zabiha Halal Breakfast Strips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 toothpicks
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 4 slices of 2 day old French bread (fresh bread will absorb too much liquid)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Breakfast Chicken Strips Twists:
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove Breakfast Chicken Strips from package and twist both ends, secure with toothpick, lay on baking sheet. Repeat with rest of Breakfast Chicken Strips.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the Breakfast Chicken Strips and sprinkle with a tiny bit of cayenne pepper.
- Put in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly crispy, turning once during the process.
- Remove from oven, take out the toothpicks. Serve it warm with French toast.
- Whisk all above ingredients in shallow baking dish, except for the butter. Add slices of French bread.
- Let sit 1 minute and turn over in dish. Heat large frying pan, add butter and wait until butter bubbles slightly. Fry the bread until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and dust with icing sugar. Serve with Breakfast Chicken Strips Twists. Top with warm maple syrup.